question-icon

What causes delayed periods with low body temprature and back pain?

Posted on Wed, 9 Jul 2014
Question: Ok I want to know what is going on with me ok I saw my period on may 14 I had sex on may 21,25, and 30 I ovulated on may 28 on XXXXXXX 3,4,5 I saw brown spot that last for 3 days.it also come with cramp.my period so posed to come on XXXXXXX 11 but it did not and I am 4 days late now .i took a pregnancy and it say that I am negative.i am also chech my temp and it was yesterday 98.0 and today it is 98.4.also I am having back pain lower and lower belly pain
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy test 15 days after last intercourse

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.
The home pregnancy test is most accurate when done at least 15 days after last sexual intercourse. Keeping this is mind, a repeat testing may be done after about a week if your periods still do not happen.

The temperature recording and cramps with lower belly pain are not reliable indicators and may be present even in the non pregnant state.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.

Dr.Vivek
Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist