What causes delayed periods and negative pregnancy test?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: hello,
with reference to my previous questions, I didn't get my period yet, my last period startd on 18th of XXXXXXX and i tested for pregnancy on 21st july, and its negative. .

is there any chance that am pregnant? or the test gave wrong results? what could be the reason for the period to be delayed
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Due to side effect of pills.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The high dose of XXXXXXX that you took to avoid the pregnancy can cause the delay in periods that you are having now.
Since the pregnancy test on 21st was negative there is no need to worry. You can wait for a week more for your periods and in case the periods do not start then test for pregnancy again to rule out any delayed conception.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal