What causes delayed periods after taking Sevista?

Dr. Nidhi Setia

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 9 Sep 2015 in General Health
Question: I have been taking ormeloxefene Sevista for last 8 weeks and my menses have stopped. i was advised it for DUB. I am 36 years old. Iam advised to take it for 6 months. I also have some vague feeling of distension in lower abdomen. I checked the pregnency test. it is negative. please advise
Answered by Dr. Nidhi Setia 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you should complete 6months of course.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM,

I can understand your concerns,

As you told that you are taking sevista since 8weeks and you missed your periods,you need not to worry about it.

Because delayed periods are side effect of drug.

There is no chances of pregnancy as sevista works as oral contraceptive.

I advise that you should continue your course of ormeloxefene.mostly you will get your periods in few days.

Hope it helps.

Feel free to ask further.

Thanks.