What causes delayed periods after having meprate?

Question
I had meprate tablet for 20 days to delay my periods and then stopped taking the tablet from 1st july,2014 but still my periods have not started what should i do
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need investigations.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
If you are not having any periods after finishing a meprate therapy for 20 days, then the following causes need to be ruled out :-

1. Pregnancy - urine test or blood Hcg levels will help in diagnosing this.
2.Thyroid hormone deficiency- A simple blood test will help in excluding hypothyroidism.
3. Side effect of the medicine meprate you have taken. This medicine itself causes a delay in periods sometimes.
4. Severe anemia- Get your hemoglobin levels checked.

You need a thorough evaluation by a Gynecologist as there are various causes for this delay in periods and they can be ruled out only after a Physical Examination and detailed investigations. Once the cause is confirmed, you will be treated accordingly.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal