What causes delayed period?
Need to wait for a couple of days.
Thanks for posting your query.
There are a couple of possibilities here. As you used hormones during your cycle, your hormonal balance is likely to have been disturbed and hence the delay in the period. Else, if you were sexually active throughout the cycle, pregnancy should be suspected. Finally, if you have always had regular 28-30 day cycles, you can wait for a couple more days to see if you get your period.
If you wish to exclude/confirm pregnancy now, you can get an assessment of the serum beta-hCG titres as this is more sensitive and specific and reliable. If pregnancy is excluded, you may use hormones to induce a period.
Please see a specialist if you do not see your period in the next few days for further help.
Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact for more information. I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes delayed periods after iud removal
- What is the cause of delay in period
- What causes delay in periods with cramping
- What causes delayed periods with spotting
- What is the cause of delayed periods post delivery
- What causes delayed period with sore breasts and constipation
- What could cause delay in periods
- What is the cause of illness and delaying period
- What is the cause for experiencing delay in periods
- What is the cause and treatment for delayed periods