What causes delayed menstruation?
Get investigated as advised
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Delayed periods can be due to pregnancy, stress or hormonal imbalance like hypothyroidism, hyperprolactinemia or polycystic ovarian syndrome.
If pregnancy is ruled out, then you should get your thyroid hormone, prolactin hormone levels and ultrasound tested to confirm the diagnosis.
If these are negative, the the FSH levels should be tested to see whether you are going in premature ovarian failure.
High FSH values are suggestive of ovarian failure.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr Deepti Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause of delayed menstruation
- Typhoid causing delay in menstruation
- Gastritis cause of delay in menstruation
- Althea causes delayed menstruation
- Causes of delayed menstruation period
- What medicine cause menstruation delay
- What are the common causes of delayed menstruation cycles
- Causes of delayed menstruation
- What could cause a delay in menstruation and nausea
- Rifampicin cause of delay of menstruation