What causes delayed menstruation with intermittent twinges and cramps in the abdomen?

Dr. Soumya

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi there
I recently presented to the doctors with mild on off twinges in abdomen and slight cramping, I also am 2 weeks late for me period.
I was sent for a scan to rule out ectopic and also was told I was not pregnant that they could see and eptopic was also not seen.
I was told I have a lot of free fluid that is also echogenic in my pouch of XXXXXXX messuring a whopping 41mm by 15mm by 12mm
I'm am very concerned about this and am still waiting for a gyno referral even though my doc put urgent! it's now been a week!
I will add they could not see any masses, legions and that my Uterus was measuring 8mm at the time of the scan!
I have right ovarie of 4.5cc (normal) and a corpus lithium at my left overie so ovulation did take place.
My doc says I have normal ovaries and a normal uterus but I did notice that on my paper work it says I have an inverted uterus, which I was not aware off until now!
Please help my doc can't give me any advice and the gyno is just brushing it off!
We are wanting to start ttc and I'm very scared at this point!
Answered by Dr. Soumya 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do a home pregnancy test

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

You are unlikely to be having ectopic pregnancy. However do a simple home pregnancy test to check if you are pregnant which will rule out ectopic pregnancy if not pregnant.

Free fluid in POD is present in some women with pelvic infection. PLease request your gynecologist to prescribe you antibiotics to treat the same.

I dont see any reason to be scared. Let me know your home pregnancy test report.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana