What causes delayed menstruation post intake of Duphaston?
i was having irregular periods .doctor suggested me duphaston 10mg from day 16-25 day after getting my periods . i get my periods with in 5 days after stopping duphaston 10mg in 2 days before getting periods brown spotting . but this month i didnt got my period after still 11 days of stopping duphaston . i thought i am pregnant but now on 12th day i had bleeding not really like periods but little bit some drops . i am really worried was i pregnant or not if not than what could be the reason for late periods . i really wann to get pregnant . plz suggest me what should i do
delayed withdrawal bleed.
Thanks for the query to hcm,
If your menses were regularising with cyclical progesterones since last few months ,then if the present delay has occurred to 12 days post stoppage of duphaston, and also if pregnancy test is negative then the delay can happen due to stress induced hormonal changes during the cycle which can potentiate the progesterone effect further and offer a delayed withdrawal like now.
Also if you have had intercourse or have been sexually active by day 25-26 then again increased progestins during sex can further potentiate the effect of duphaston and your menses have been delayed.
So there is no need to worry, wait for the menses to resume naturally.
For pregnancy, best would be to practice sex between day 11-day20 of the next cycle which would be your fertile period and also ovulation shall occur mid cycle, so it would increase your chances of conceiving. You can continue duphaston from day 15-25 as it would act as further support to pregnancy in case you get pregnant next cycle.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause of delayed menstruation
- Gastritis cause of delay in menstruation
- Althea causes delayed menstruation
- Causes of delayed menstruation period
- What medicine cause menstruation delay
- What are the common causes of delayed menstruation cycles
- Can duphaston cause delay in menstruation
- Causes of delayed menstruation
- What could cause a delay in menstruation and nausea
- Rifampicin cause of delay of menstruation
- Is pregnancy possible without ovulation?
- Is pregnancy possible due to sex on 8th day from menstruation?
- At what age does a girl start to ovulate ?
- Is chemical hair straightening safe for a breast feeding woman?
- Can i have abdominal hysterectomy despite having IBS?
- What causes discomfort and pain in pelvic region?
- How to determine the expected date of delivery using last menstrual period?
- What does my ultrasound report suggest?
- Suggest treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease
- Suggest treatment for Rubella infection