What causes delayed menstruation post IUD removal?

Dr. BR Hudda

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hello Sir/ madam
I'm XXXX here. . I'm 31yrs old.. planning for 2nd baby. I removed IUV in the month of XXXXXXX After dat I got regular periods in july. Again next period was in sept, exactly after 2months.. dis is for the first time in my lifetyme. Al the my periods used to be regular @ 28days cycle. Dis time I hd long periods for 11 days.
Now I need to know 2 things from u..
1. wts reason for missing one period?
2. Which day wil I ovalute dis month?
Answered by Dr. BR Hudda 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ovulation occurs on 14 days prior to the next expected period.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I appreciate your concern
Missing on period or delay in period might be related number of reasons like
Hormonal imbalances
Infection or inflammation of the urogenital tract
endometrial disease
Stress and anxiety
Many other rare reasons

I would add you for battery of tests to establish a case for missing period like CBC, liver function test, thyroid test, urine test and an ultrasound or hormonal assessment if need be.

Answer to your 2nd question is ovulation generally occurs 14 days prior to next expected cycle, which can be ascertained by hormonal study or an ultrasound.
Hope this answers your question
Please feel free to ask for follow up I will be happy to help you
Best wishes

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T