What causes delayed menstruation in a teenager?
Need clinical evaluation and some investigations.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
1) Delayed period may be due to change in body, hormonal imbalance, over weight or sudden loss, anxiety or mental stress, hypothyroid state, Poly Cystic Ovary or ovarian cyst, irregular diet pattern, lack of sleep etc.
2) Some relevant investigations are required to be carried out after clinical evaluation. These include Pelvic ultrasound scan (USG), Serum prolactin & Hb%, complete hormone profile - LH/ FSH, DHEAS, estrogen and progesterone level, thyroid profile etc.
Here, I suggest you to consult with OBGYN specialist for above mentioned tests and suggestive treatment. She may require cyclical hormonal pill to establish period regularly.
Review with test results. Hope, I have answered your query. Wish your good health and take care yourself.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause of delayed menstruation
- Typhoid causing delay in menstruation
- Gastritis cause of delay in menstruation
- Althea causes delayed menstruation
- Causes of delayed menstruation period
- What medicine cause menstruation delay
- What are the common causes of delayed menstruation cycles
- Causes of delayed menstruation
- What could cause a delay in menstruation and nausea
- Rifampicin cause of delay of menstruation