What causes delayed menstruation and negative pregnancy test?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: My period is 8 days late. Pregnancy tests are negative. I've been feeling incredibly dizzy today. Could I be pregnant or is this unlikely. Any other consideration. I was feeling very tired also a few days ago. Very abnormal for me.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy not likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The feeling of tiredness and dizziness could be due to improper diet or rest. It is not a definitive symptom of pregnancy. If the repeated pregnancy tests are negative then a pregnancy is not likely.
It is best to wait for 2-3 days more and in case the periods do not start then do consult a gynecologist for hormones to have a withdrawal bleeding.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal