What causes delayed menstruation and negative pregnancy test?
Thanks for the query to hcm,
There is a possible delay in your menses this time and as pregnancy test is negative, there is no pregnancy at all. So likely delay is due to hormonal imbalance due to possible stress during this cycle. The fact that you are experiencing lower back pain and abdominal pain , it may be a part of PMS symptoms and indicate that you shoudlresume your menses in next few days, so just be patient and wait at least for a week in all, though they are likely to return in next 2-3 days.
Please rest assured.
I should probably note that the weight gain has been within the past 2 weeks.
Well PCOS is definitely a cause for oligomenorrhoea , so this can be a result of PCOS itself , for which you need to be undertaking a treatment by now already. The pain is common during due dates and often accompanied by increased PMS symptoms, but as pregnancy is ruled out , the best would be to wait for menses to return naturally.
For pain, you may take an NSAID like mefenamic acid 500mg twice a day for next 48 hrs and you should be relieved.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Delayed periods pregnancy test- negative what to do
- What causes delayed periods with negative pregnancy test
- Delay in periods negative pregnancy tests what could be this
- Delayed periods spotting pregnancy test negative cause
- What causes missed periods with negative pregnancy test
- Delayed periods pregnancy test negative what is causing the delay
- Delayed menstruation pregnancy tests- negative what#39s the issue
- What can cause delayed periods even after negative pregnancy test
- What causes delayed periods when pregnancy test negative
- Delayed period intermittent cramping bloating tiredness negative pregnancy tests cause