What causes delayed menstruation and missed menstruation?

Dr. Srilatha Myaka

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Im on birth control and I also have a period calendar and for the last four months every period has been like 2 weeks late and every month I think I'm pregnant, take a test and I'm not I've taken multiple tests and missed multiple periods. if I'm not pregnant then how come I keep missing my period.
Answered by Dr. Srilatha Myaka 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need more information

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,welcome to healthcare magic.I understand your concern.
In my opinion usually birth control pills cause regular periods if taken regularly.
But i would like to know the following things for better suggestions:-
1)What type of birth control you are on?
2)Since how many months you are on contraception?
3)What is your height and weight?
Kindly provide me the information.
Looking forward to hear from you.
Best regards...Dr.Srilatha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Srilatha Myaka 39 minutes later
nexplanon implant in my arm. I've had it for about 2 years. I am 5'6 and my weight varies from 115-130
Answered by Dr. Srilatha Myaka 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is a sideeffect of nexplanon

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,thanks for the information.I understand your concern.
It is good to know that your height and weight are appropriate.
The sideeffects of nexplanon include headache,weight gain,irregular periods etc.
So the delayed periods might be due to the hormonal imbalance due to nexplanon.
Sometimes absence of periods might also be there.
But the failure rate is less and it is quite effective.
So dont worry.Relax.
Hope this satisfies your query.
Feel free to discuss further.
Best regards...Dr.Srilatha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D