• question-icon

What causes delayed menstruation after taking Susten?

Posted on Tue, 4 Jul 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hello dr.
I have pcos problem. I am trying for conception. Dr has given me melmet, normoze, and susten sr 300 to be taken from 16th day of period for 12 days.
My query is that. I have taken susten and my period was due on 8th XXXXXXX But it has not come yet.Although i saw a very little spot bleeding for two day. What should i do. I have done pregnancy test and its negative. Please advice me.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Stop susten

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear thanks for trusting health care magic
I understand your anxiety about the issue but egg formation is generally poor in PCOD patients so you need to take letrozole or similar drugs for ovulation
Also stop taking susten now as you will stop it only then periods with come.
Get egg growth study via ultrasound along with this and see the rupture and pattern growth
I basically practice Infertility so you can discuss anything with me on this forum
All the best
Dr Manisha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Thank u soo much for your reply ma'am. I have already stopped taking susten from last sunday i.e 3rd XXXXXXX N my period was due on 8 XXXXXXX Still it has not come. By when can i expect it.
Dr has suggested me to take letaval from 3rd day of period. So i am waiting for my periods to come to start this medi. Will this help me ovulate in first attempt only. Please help me. Thanks in advance
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wait till Wednesday

Detailed Answer:
Yes dear you need to wait till Wednesday at least and it is common to have such a delay in PCOD patients.
Also after you get your periods definitely take letoval as advised and follicular monitoring as required.
Wish you luck soon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 47 hours later
Hello ma'am its alteady tuesday and i haven't got my periods. U told me to see till wednesday. What should i do if it doesn't come by tomorrow. Also i wanted to know what could be the reason for period not coming even aftet taking medicine. Please help
Thanks & regards .
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy test

Detailed Answer:
It can be due to an early pregnancy so do a pregnancy test and in case negative then an ultrasound at the earliest will be the plan
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN