What causes delayed ejaculation?

Psychiatrist
Question
HI..I am taking nexito 10mg (1/2 for first 5 days & 1 for 2 months) & lonazep(1 tab till 2 weeks and then 1/2 for 2 more weeks and then stop)as prescribed by psychiatrist for my anxiety problems (GAD)?
i feel delayed ejaculation and not much interest in masturbation as compared before. is this a side effect of this? Should i continue taking this medicine OR will i be okay over time?

I am ok otherwise. I usually have very good sexual interest but now a days i'm not enjoying masturbation due to delayed ejaculation. Please let me know your suggestions
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes these are the side effects

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.

The delayed ejaculation and loss of libido are very common side effects of Nexito. These side effects generally occur on chronic use and reversible in majority of individuals on discontinuation.

In case of GAD they need to be taken for long time so it is advised to discuss with your psychiatrist to change the medication if he feels appropriate. There are multiple other medicine which are effective in GAD and have less propensity to cause sexual side effects.

Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Follow-up: What causes delayed ejaculation? 35 minutes later
Thank you doctor for your reply.

I started taking medicines from past 9 days only and is prescribed for over a month and half more.

I am extremely worried about my anxiety problem.

I seek your strict advice whether to continue or visit my doctor as my doctor is not easily accessible.(That's the reason i'm posting my questions here in this forum) I don't mind to continue these tablets unless these side effects are reversible after discontinuation.

But if you consider its not advisable to continue in case of side effects, I would definitely visit my psychiatrist.

Please help me with this case.

Thanks

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You continue at this time

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Welcome back.

As I said these side effects are reversible so you need to continue Nexito to counter your anxiety problem.I was concerned because everyone have different priority. Few of my patients have no acceptance for sexual side effects despite knowing that they are not permanent. Following your reassurance that you have more concern in regard to anxiety rather than libido I can state in straight forward manner that continue this at this time.
Once you stop the medication everything turns normal in period of two to four weeks.

"If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health".