What causes delay in period despite having negative UPT?

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Question: I was supposed to have my period April 20-26 I didn't. I didn't have sex until the24th of a April and still haven't had my period. I took 4 tests and all turned out negative. I crave things am sleepy have headaches and pee constantly. Could this be anything other than pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms could be due to hormonal fluctuations.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.

Since the pregnancy test is negative you are not pregnant. Occasional one time irregular period is normal.Don't worry about it.

The hormonal fluctuations of period cycle can cause these symptoms some times.If you do not get your period in a week's time, get blood pregnancy test done as it is more sensitive and reliable. If that is negative consult your doctor and take progesterone to start your period.
In addition to excessive peeing, if you have burning and pain during peeing, it suggests infection. Then you need to get urine culture sensitivity test done to find out the organism causing infection.
I hope this helps.
If you have further queries, do write to me. I will be happy to answer.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN