What causes delay in menstruation?

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi,

I need advise from Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX (OBGYN). Kindly forward this request to her as she is well aware of our concern.

My wife had her period started last month on April 19th. This time she hasn't gotten her periods started yet. Is this normal ?

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can have deranged periods for 2-3 months

Detailed Answer:
Hello Mr. XXXXXXX thanks for writing to me.
Yes I remember whole case history and this delay is all because of the prolonged deviry intake and so much so that this derangement can persist for 2-3 months post the event.
But all in all nothing much to worry and all you need right now is to take care of contraception in the form of regular condom use.
In case you have any further questions, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Manisha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 10 hours later
Thanks for your reply doctor.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
welcome

Detailed Answer:
Most welcome dear.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN