What causes delay in menstruation with abdominal pain post intercourse?

Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: My last period was on 27th XXXXXXX to 2nd July. I'm 4 days delayed period. I had a sex with my husband on ~(16th) July, but he did ejaculate Outside of the body after 3 to 5 minutes we had a sex again. And there is no sign of my periods. I wanted to know whether it's a sign of pregnancy or is there any problem associated with my periods? Because I was having regular periods.
Symptoms: Acnes over my foreheads, Stinging pain inside of abdomen, Running nose, No pukes.
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
repeat UPT on morning's sample, beta HCG or USG if needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Dr. Purushottam welcomes you to HCM virtual clinic.
I have gone through your query.
I think I have understood your concern, I will try to suggest you the best possible treatment options.

1)First of all do not panic.

2) Your suspicion about pregnancy is right, as it was day 20 of the cycle. And even if there was no ejaculation inside vagina, pre ejaculation secretions do contain sperms.

3) As off now, you are 39 days past your last period, which was on 27th XXXXXXX and your urine test is negative, with the history of having regular periods ; you can assume that you are not pregnant. You can repeat pregnancy test on morning's first sample of urine, that gives more reliable results.

4) In case of doubts blood beta HCG test and or USG will be of help.
This will also help to know or rule out any ovarian problem like PCOS.

I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar
I hope my answer helps you.
Thanks.
Wish you good health.
With regards
Dr Purushottam Neurgaonkar

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 12 hours later
Today I found a milky white discharge.
But no spotting has been found yet.
When will it start if I'm pregnant?

Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rely on negative report. wait for or induce the periods.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,
Thanks for appreciating the answer and reverting back.

As your morning's first urine test is negative, then you need not worry about the pregnancy. You can very well rely on the test reports.

Your milky discharge can be preceeding the menses due in the recent future.

You can simply wait for the onset of periods or induce the periods with progesterone tablets like Tab Regestrone Twice a day for 5 days, of course you will need a prescription for the same.

I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 17 hours later
Today I found a brown colored discharge which is unusual for me. And a mild abdomen pain.
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
This discharge can be beginning of the periods.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

As discussed earlier, you can rely on the negative urine pregnancy test reports.

You can simply wait for the onset of periods. The discharge that you are experiencing can be the beginning of the periods.

Please wait patiently.
The things will be fine in the due course of time.

I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee