What causes delay in menstruation in a PCOD patient?
Due to pcod my right ovary has been removed.left ovary is being normal.
I had an unprotected sex followed by ipill on September 29th and got my regular period on 13th October as dated.followed by November 23rd followd by January 3rd for 10 days. I had a protected sex on 20th feb.ideally I was supposed to get my periods on 3rd of feb or 13th of feb. I am due..is it due to the pill that my periods are disturbed.please help me to get my normal regular cycles.its been 20 days delay.
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
I pill causes irregular and delayed periods for next3-4 cycles.
However, PCOD can also lead to irregular periods and this can be the reason for delayed periods in your case.
I will suggest you to get an ultrasound done to confirm the diagnosis and get appropriate treatment.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause of delayed menstruation
- Gastritis cause of delay in menstruation
- Althea causes delayed menstruation
- Causes of delayed menstruation period
- What medicine cause menstruation delay
- What causes delayed and scanty periods when suffering from pcod
- What are the common causes of delayed menstruation cycles
- Causes of delayed menstruation
- What could cause a delay in menstruation and nausea
- Rifampicin cause of delay of menstruation