What causes delay in menstruation despite having negative UPT?
Wait for one week
Hi dear, Welcome to HCM.
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Delayed periods can be due to pregnancy, stress or hormonal disturbances like hypothyroidism, PCOS and some other conditions.
Since pregnancy is ruled out, stress is the most likely factor for delayed periods.
I will suggest you to wait for one more week for the periods to come, as you are having premenstrual symptoms.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause of delayed menstruation
- Typhoid causing delay in menstruation
- Gastritis cause of delay in menstruation
- Althea causes delayed menstruation
- Causes of delayed menstruation period
- What medicine cause menstruation delay
- What are the common causes of delayed menstruation cycles
- Causes of delayed menstruation
- What could cause a delay in menstruation and nausea
- Rifampicin cause of delay of menstruation