What causes delay in menstruation and nausea before periods?
It gets postponed by 10-15 than the correct date .is this normal? She also has nausea few days before periods .
It seems normal
Thanks for your query.
Every woman has different menstrual periods. If your wife's period coma after 40-45 days everytime, it is normal. Does she have pain abdomen before or during periods?
Also let me know if she has any other symptoms like weight gain, acne, etc.
Thanks and take care
My wife use to take ayurvedic medicin to get regular periods from last 3 months.
It use to work well, she use to get periods for approx 30 days.
Now from last month she has stopped taking it.
She has not got her periods since last 42 days.
Should we consult doctor?
Rule out pregnancy
It seems to be due to hormonal reasons. I would still suggest to rule out pregnancy with urine pregnancy test kit.
If urine pregnancy test is negative then we have two options. Either to wait for periods, which will come in a few days anyways. Or take hormones to induce periods.
Since her usual periods are every 40 - 50 days, I would suggest that she wait for another two weeks before resorting to medicines.
Does taking harmones have effect?
Does taking this medicine will have any effect if we plan for kid?
Hormones have no side effect
The hormones prescribed for the purpose are regesterone or progesterone. These do not have side effects and will result in withdrawal after 2-5 days of discontinuing. It does not effect on fertility as well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of delay in period
- What causes nausea for a long period
- What cause sore breasts nausea stomach cramps and delayed periods
- Causes of delayed menstruation period
- What is the cause of illness and delaying period
- What causes irregular periods with breast sorenessheadachesdizziness and nausea
- Delayed periods brown bleeding short periods cramps nausea tiredness causes
- Does sex during period cause delayed menstruation
- What is the cause for nausea and bad period cramps
- What causes dizziness nausea and exhaustion during period