What causes delay in menstruation after treating thrush?

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Tue, 14 Apr 2015 in Women's Health
Question: My menses got delay 2 weeks. And i use the test kit it says neg. after last month i had thrush medication after a few days i bleed which was weird as my mens was over 1 week before i was dignose with thrush
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
delayed menses...

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to HCM,
Well if you had bleeding in your last cycle just 2 weeks after the last bleeding then it has to be understood that your fresh menses shall start 28-30 days from this fresh bleeding/menses post thrush medication.
If even after considering that you have missed by more than 15 days now ad the pregnancy test is negative then you should ideally opt for an ultrasound pelvis to check for endometrial thickness or any uterine lesion like uterine polyp ( which could have been a possible reason for irregular bleed last month). If the endometrial thickness is more than 10mm then you may opt for a withdrawal bleed with progestins t initiate your menses.
regards
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 1 hour later
Should i wait for a week and get tested again? Im not sure if im having brown spotting or not currently
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
wait for a week.

Detailed Answer:
If its been just 4 weeks form the day of the last bleeding then you should wait for a week to watch for menses to start naturally.
If the menses don't resume then you may perform the pregnancy test after a week to rule out any pregnancy again which shall be confirmative.
regards