What causes delay in menstrual bleeding when diagnosed with anemia?

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hello Doctor
My wife's period was delayed by few days last date was 30th XXXXXXX In preganews test result was positive.
She is already anemic and not in best of health from last few weeks. So we wanted to abort this pregnancy. At this stage is it possible to do using some medicine?

Thanks
xxxx
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
6to 8weeks

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting the query,
The medical abortion is possible till 8th week , Acording to her last periods date she is shoul be 6th week now. Get the ultrasound scan to confirm and then consult the gynaecologist to see if the medical abortive pill can be prescribed.

Any issue do follow up,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 12 minutes later
thanks for prompt response Doctor.
Her hemoglobin in ~9 , do you suggest to carry with pregnancy or termination will be better option?
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
carry the pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
low hemoglobin is never the option to abort the pregnancy.

Low hemoglobin can be treated. And your wife's level is not very low, it's just borderline.

She can still carry the pregnancy by taking the good amount of iron and follic acid supplements.