What causes deep pain in the right shoulder radiating towards the elbow and back?

Excellent

Question
Hi, for the past week I've had a deep pain in my right shoulder that moves around from my elbow to rear shoulder blade. I've been to the doctors office and saw a PA that consulted with my personal doctor. We've tried 2 different pain pills but neither have knocked it down. Initually I tried Blue Emu with no relief. My muscles seem fine, I can lift any weight without feeling any additional pain. I ha x-rays taken at the hospital and they came back negative. It's like a "stand-alone pain" that travels along the upper arm/shoulder(epicenter)/ and back along the shoulder blades. Any thoughts ?
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be rotator cuff syndrome or tendon injury

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in the best way possible. First of all, it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, though the symptoms suggest being a muscular or tendon sprain but a possibility of nerve involvement can't be ignored.

A careful examination by an Orthopedician is almost unavoidable and if Xrays had been unremarkable, MRI may be needed to look for soft tissue injuries. Specific maneuver by an orthopedic surgeon can diagnose clinically for any involvement of shoulder capsule or rotator cuff muscle involvement.

Meanwhile, if the regular painkillers are not helping, more potent analgesics like tramadol or nerve pain suppressants like gabapentin or duloxetine can help along with acetaminophen. Physiotherapy can be extremely helpful. Weight lifting or heavy strenuous exercises should be avoided.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query.
If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.