What causes deep brownish spots all over back?
Upload a few Images
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I have gone through your query.
This could be either freckles Or lentigines Or seborrheic keratosis
I would request you to upload a few Images so that I am able to guide you better.
You may upload images either at "Reports Section"
You may also mail me the image at YYYY@YYYY
Kindly mention the subject of this mail as Attention Dr.kakkar.
Pityriasis versicolor; Oral fluconazole
Thank you. I have reviewed the Image.
This seems like Pityriasis versicolor. This is a superficial fungal infection of the skin over shoulder, back and chest.
It is caused by a yeast Malassezia furfur and presents as slightly scaly, brown patches on the affected areas.
The condition is usually asymptomatic.
I suggest you to take single dose of an Oral antifungal e.g Fluconazole 400 mg.
Single dose is curative in this.
Fluconazole is a prescription drug and therefore I suggest that you talk to your doctor for the needful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of spots on back
- What causes abdominal painlower back pain and spotting
- What causes a splotchy back
- What causes lower back ache
- What causes allergy in back
- What causes severe back pain
- What causes brusing on lower back
- What is the cause of tingling back
- What causes fluttering in the back of the head
- What causes back spasms
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body