What causes decubitus ulcer?
Pressure reduction is the cornerstone of treatment.
Hi and thanks for using HCM.
Decubitus ulcers or pressure sores are treated first by reducing pressure continuously.
If you are capable to shift your weight every 10 minutes, you have to do so.
Repositioning should be performed every 2 hours.
Special support surfaces ( air cells mattress) help in this process.
Maintaining a strict hygiene is also indispensable.
In advanced ulcers, surgical debridement may be needed.
Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
Cream wit hialuronic acid helps.
Hi again XXXX.
Neosporin is an antibiotic and is used when there are infected wounds.
Silver gel is an antimocrobial too.
If it doesn't ooze it means it is not infected.
As I stated before, keeping the wound and its surroundings very clean is vital.
Together with pressure reduction, creams that speed wound healing should be used.
These include creams that contain Ialuronic acid ( Altergen, Cicatrix) etc.
Hope I helped you. Best regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes throat ulcers
- What causes ulcers on labia
- What causes ulcer on vulva
- What causes mouth ulcers in babies
- What causes a stomach ulcer
- What causes aphthous ulcers
- What causes genital ulcers
- What causes ulcer in colon
- What causes red ulcers on the scalp
- What causes of ulcers on the palatoglossal arch