Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes decreased urine output?

Question
Small urine output after day of many bowel movements and pain in left buttocks.
Now no pain but concern about low output
Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Dehydration

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but frequent bowel movements makes your body lose a large amount of its fluid content and may lead to dehydartion.. Decreased urine output is a sign of dehydration together with the flanks pain that can be referred to your buttocks.. I would recommend that you keep yourself adequately hydrated with not less than ten cups of fluids daily and if the urine output did not improve then you will need to add oral rehydration solution ( a tea spoon for every kilogram of your weight) I hope you find this helpful..