What causes decrease sense of smell after skull fracture?
Smell recovers slowly
It is common to have decreases sense of smell after skull fracture or any events leading to brain swelling.
This generally gets reversed slowly XXXXXXX 3 months once the swelling reduces. Hence dont worry about it.
Please mention this to your neurologist when you visit the doctor for follow up next time.
Let me know if you need any more help.
Dr. Mahesh Koregol
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Basal skull fracture causes
- Small skull fracture causes
- Does skull fracture cause a dent in forehead
- Skull fracture cause migraine
- Air travel after skull fracture
- Depressed skull fracture causes
- Basilar skull fracture causes
- Linear skull fracture causes
- Skull fracture causes
- Baby skull fracture flying after