What causes darker skin in pubic area?
Greetings from health care magic!!! I am Dr Thakker and shall be answering your question.
I have been through your clinical history. I must say that by nature, the groin folds and axillary folds are darker than the remaining body parts. However, Acanthosis Nigricans is a condition where these areas are much darker than normal.
This condition is commonly seen in:
Morbidly obese patients.
I would suggest you to have a sugar test, lipid profile, body weight and BMI, 8 am CORTISOL levels checked and get back to me.
The treatment for this condition is to treat the cause of Acanthosis nigricans. Since the skin in the groin area is very delicate, we do not recommend any lightening creams right now.
I hope this helps you out. If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to write back to me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is it important to take hypertension medication lifelong and what...
- How long does it take for the clarithromycin to work?
- What should be done when on anticoagulant acenocoumarin for mitral valve...
- Should I be worried about diarrhea during pregnancy?
- Can I take Beneflex while taking Lisinopril?.
- Suggest remedy to achieve fair skin
- What causes shaky hands,wrinkled fingers,low BP,muscle weakness,...
- Can I take bronchial support containing fenugreek, marshmallow and...
- Is it a heath risk to observe blood in stool whensuffering from MSRA?
- What is the cause and treatment for blood in stools?