What causes dark urine?
dehydration is the most common cause
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
This can be related to diet, inadequate fluid intake or excess loss, some medical conditions or side effect of medications.
Inadequate fluid intake or excess loss (dehydration) is one of the most common causes.
In terms of diet foods with dark dyes, aloe, fava beans can cause the change.
Medical conditions such as liver disease, a type of anemia, urinary tract infections, blood in the urine, a very rare condition called porphyrias.
If you feel well and there are no additional symptoms, it is unlikely due any medical conditions
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Atherectomy causes dark urine
- Causes of dark smelly urine
- Dark yellow urine causes
- What causes diarrehealightheadednessnausea with dark urine and apetite loss
- What is the cause for dark urine and tiredness
- Dark brown urine causes
- What causes abdominal cramps with dark urine and vomiting
- What causes black dark spots in urine
- What can cause dark rusty color urine
- What causes the urine to tun dark