• question-icon

What causes dark urine while treating UTI?

Posted on Wed, 26 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Thought yesterday I had a uti, the haziness cleared but it keeps getting darker. Much darker. I am waiting for my PCP to call in the labtest for me, but in the meantime.......
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dark urine is mostly due to urine being concentrated .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted dark urine is most likely to be due to urine being concentrated resulting from increased bowel movements causing dehydration .

However possibility of UTI can not be ruled out .

Get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to,

You may take Nitrofurantoin twice daily along with urine alkalizer twice daily as a prophylaxis

Ensure to drink more water to keep urine dilute .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist