What causes dark urine and incontinence in an elderly person?
Redish color is due to Phenazopyridine will last for two more days.
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted you seem to have retention of urine with over fflow incontinence due to Enlarged Prostate and your primary physician has rightly placed Foley catheter to empty your bladder .
Red color urine is due to Phenazopyridine and will last for two mare days .There is nothing to be worried about it .
Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.
Ensure to drink more water .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes urge incontinence
- What causes bladder incontinence
- Can a colonoscopy cause urine incontinence
- Incontinence causes
- What causes fecal and urinary incontinence
- What is the cause for dark urine and tiredness
- Does piles causes urine incontinence
- What causes impaired speechlimping and incontinence
- What are the causes and treatment for urinary incontinence
- Could neurotin for incontinence cause agitation and urine infection