question-icon

What causes dark skin pigmentation on the scrotum?

Posted on Wed, 31 Jul 2019
Question: My 61 year old husband has had a problem for awhile. We are Caucasion, but his testicles are deep purple to almost black. He's been to several doctors (Urologist, Surgeon). They look at them, feel them, but have NO idea what's wrong. So is this normal???
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (58 minutes later)
Brief Answer:

Nothing to be worried about the color of Scrotum.

Detailed Answer:

Based on the facts that you have noticed the color of Scrotal Sac of your husband to be almost black.

The black color of the testicles is to be worried for only when it is associated with severe pain and selling which signifies any pathology like Torsion of testicles, tumor, hematoma etc.

Since most of the consultants who have examined him clinically has not found any abnormality the black color testicles should be considered as a normal variation of color of the scrotal skin and testicles being normal.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr P. T. Patil, Urologist
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist