What causes dark red painful and itchy scar post recovery from cold sore?
I will suggest you stop picking on it for healing to be complete!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this cold sore that you had. The reported reactions/observations are not uncommon and often more recurrent when you pick on these scars. I will suggest that you refrain from doing so if you had been doing so. These changes are not uncommon,. They will eventually fade out. Be calm and do not get too worried about this.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask of more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes bumps and cold sore on inner cheek
- What causes cold sores
- Cold sore treatment causes
- What causes cold sore and lump under chin
- Implanon causing cold sores
- Cold sores on lips causes
- Cold sore outbreaks causes
- What causes mouth cold sores
- Cold sore causes
- What is the cause and treatment for cold sores