What causes dark pus filled bumps on mons pubis?
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns
I am sorry to hear that you have been having pustules in your genital area. This sounds like you have folliculitis or infected hair. this could be due to shaving the pubic area or from hairs breaking during sex. The best thing to do is to not shave the area. If the hairs are breaking and becoming infected you may need to start an oral antibiotic that your medical provider would need to prescribe.
Since this happened prior to you becoming sexually active this could not be herpes or any other sexually transmitted disease.
I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
These bumps sound like infected hair follicles and would need an oral antibiotics to treat them effectively. I recommend that you see your medical provider and have them look and start you on medication
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Large tender pus filled bump on mons pubis
- Cause of painless red bumps on mons pubis
- What causes dry mons pubis
- Pus filled bump on mons pubis
- Cause for the bumps in the mons pubis
- Bump on mon pubis with pus
- What are the causes of an enlarged mons pubis
- Pus filled bumps on the mon pubis what are these
- Puss filled bump on mons pubis
- Fluid filled bump on mons pubis
- Suggest treatment for bone cancer
- What causes dry mouth and white patch on tongue?
- What causes burning sensation and pain in elbow joint and hip joint?
- Suggest treatment for skin rashes
- What are side effects of Metanx?
- What does a brown spot on arm indicate?
- What causes hair growth on heel?
- Suggest treatment for itchy, painful and swollen legs
- Suggest treatment for hemiplegic migraines
- What causes itching and pain in feet at night while sleeping?