What causes dark patches on the face and neck?

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Alternative Medicine
Question: Hi,
My skin has become dark with patches on sides of my face and neck for last 1year..please suggest any good treatment to regain the skin complexion back?
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 6 minutes later
please upload an image if possible
Follow up: Dr. Munish Sood 17 hours later
Hi doctor...Please find the attached images
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hyperpigmentation

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda for your health concern, and going by the history and Images, applied and preventive aspect is given below:
1. Remember it is the pigment (melanin) which determines the skin color also starts to increase, giving the skin its texture.
2. Did you notice any environmental (pollution) or health concern (vitamin deficiency) regarding the same?
3. If the climate there is tropical or sub tropical, darker skin due to environment is possible.
4. Any Liver problem? [liver disease,malabsorption]
5. Apply a paste of turmeric in the skin before going to sleep, and wash after a few minutes. In the morning remove any remaining yellow tinge with a paste of chickpea flour and oil.
6. Fry some garlic pods in mustard oil and massage with that oil.
7. Saariva,Manjishtha XXXXXXX Turmeric,Daruharidra,,Chopchini,Amalaki can be given as single or in compound form (ointment or Orally)
8. XXXXXXX Oil,Manjishtha Oil,Kumkumadi Oil for massage.
9. Shankh Bhasm 125-500 mg with lukewarm water with honey 4 times a day.
12. Regarding liver tonic syrup Livomyn, Drakshassv, and Aloe vera juice, Chitrakadi vati is beneficial, check with your Physician there.

Please revert back with your concerns and approach.

Dr.Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician
MD. Kayachikitsa
Naimitttika

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar