What causes dark patches on face after skinlite usage?

Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi... i have used skinlite for one year without any doctors advice and i applied even it on hands and became just looking like psoriasis hand and listening to the side effects i stopped using skin lite,this one week onwards... my complexion became so dark and there are patches on my face and hands.. so please suggest me a better treatment thank you sir for listening
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly provide certain details and pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I have seen the attached pictures.
I would like to know if you have any associated itching also over the affected areas . Is there any discharge or excessive wetting of the area?
From the clinical appearance, it looks like you have developed a candidal infection over the cubital fossa.
What other areas of body are involved?
You can click some close up pictures of other affected areas also along with pictures of face.
I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the above details and the pictures .

Dr Geetika Paul
Follow up: Dr. Geetika Paul 8 minutes later
thank you doctor for the response,
there are no signs of itching,rashes,or any candidal growth... only thing is my face was becoming dark than before with the pimples and marks... i'm depressed as i am going to have my viva vose in a week.... please suggest me with a good medication so that i can face confidently...
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take treatment as advised

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Skin darkening on prolonged usage is a known side effect of skinlite cream.
Make sure you do not use this medicine again.
Start application of kojivit cream over the affected areas twice a day.
In addition, apply a medicated sunscreen with spf of atleast 26 regularly over the face and exposed areas of neck everytime before going out in the sun .
Take oral vitamin c supplements in the form of tablet Celin 500 mg once a day.
Take a diet rich in fresh citrus fruits .
You need to follow this treatment regularly for good results.

Dr Geetika Paul