What causes dark discolouration with itchy red spots in elbow pits?
Acute in onset
Sir I was your student at Rmmch.
Lichen simplex chronicus; Use topical mometasone furoate % cream
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am Dr.Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have also reviewed the Images. I can see pigmented patches with prominent skin markings on cubital fossa, in these images.
I would keep a possibility of Lichen Simplex Chronicus which presents as itchy, dry, hyperpigmented plaques with prominent skin markings.
I suggest you to apply a topical moderately potent steroid cream e.g mometasone furoate % cream (Elocon cream), twice daily for 2 weeks.
You may also take a tablet of cetrizine 10 mg once daily in evening for symptomatic relief from itching.
P versicolor is a possibility
Yes, it could be P versicolor.
You earlier mentioned itching!! Anyways, if it is not itchy then P. versicolor is a very likely possibility. You may apply a topical antifungal cream e.g Nizral 2% cream, twice daily.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes elbows to peel
- Red and black spots near elbow what is the cause
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- Cause for the brown spots on the wrist and elbow
- What is the cause and treatment for edema in elbows
- What causes lumps in wrist and elbows
- What causes red lines in creases of both elbows
- What causes dark spots on skin near elbow
- What is the cause for pain in elbow joint
- What causes crusty elbows