What causes dark discolouration of urine and burning sensation during urination?
unlikely to be due to either Azithromycin and Gonorrhea needs to be ruled
Hi and welcome to HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
The symptoms like dark discolouration of urine and burning sensation is most likely to be caused by urinary tract infection. But who advised you to take azithromycin and for what ? especially when you take 2 gram in single dose, it is more likely to cause gastritis, which makes you feel sick in your stomach.
And coming to your concern regarding gonorrhea,which is a sexually transmitted disease. which remains silent most of the times in men, but does cause symptoms such as increased frequency and urgency of urination, burning micturition, pus like discharge from penis etc. in 1 to 2 weeks, hence you need to undergo couple of lab tests to rule out gonorrhea and i strongly recommend you consult a physician for thorough examination.
Meanwhile, u can drink plenty of water and stay calm as even if gonorrhea is diagnosed, its a treatable disease, so relax and conncentrate on important things in your life.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
please avoid self medication
hi and welcome again,
well, I can say that gonorrhea is yet to be confirmed and without antibiotic sensitivity tests, its difficult to say which particular strain of bacteria has caused infection and their sensitivity to particular antibiotic.Some strains of gonorrhea develop resistance to common antibiotics. These cases may require more extensive treatment (usually with more expensive antibiotics) or combinations of antibiotics. hence i strongly recommend you to avoid self medication and get those lab tests done( microscopic study and culture & sensitivity test). And get back to me with those reports.meanwhile it would be prudent on your part if you consult a physician and undergo necessary clinical examination. thank you.
will be awaiting your reply.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause burning sensation during urination
- What could cause burning sensation while urinating
- What causes burning sensation with urination
- What is the cause of burning sensation while urinating
- What causes frequent urination with burning sensation during urination
- What causes burning sensation in penis before urination
- What could cause burning sensation and frequent urination
- What causes burning sensation when i urinate
- What causes burning sensation and bleeding while urinating
- What causes burning sensation during urination