• question-icon

What causes dark circles under the eye?

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I have in the last week developed a perfect circle in my right eye. Sometimes it's black and other times its kind of see through but it is affecting my vision for reading.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
is this visible or in your visual field?

Detailed Answer:

If this circle is seen on your visual field, I will recommend you see an ophthalmologist for review. This might indicate a problem with the retina of the passages through the eyes. This should be treated with care as vision is of great value to all.

I will like to know if this is a visible circle that can be captured by a camera. If so, take a picture and upload to me for review and more insights. In this case, follow the instructions on uploading an image to me.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Chobufo Ditah