What causes dark brownish urine?
A lot of things, so need full medical history as well as physical check-up.
Hello XXXXX , Welcome to HCM.
Dark Brownish urine color can result from a number of different conditions.
The presence of blood or break-down products of blood can result in a brown or red color change. While even dehydration can also cause this over a period of time.
In presence of some Medications , there might be discoloration. So I need to know your past/present medical history along with what all medications (if any) are you on ?
Finally, some foods/drinks may produce color changes like drinking herbal drinks, Black tea, too many carbonated beverages and several others.
You also need to undergo Urine Routine and microscopy examination to actually rule out the pathological vs physiological causes underlying to this.
It would be very reasonable for you to see your physician in person for a physical examination and adjunct urine testing/analysis. It is important to exclude causes such as blood loss, muscle breakdown, or other processes which may affect the kidney/bladder/urethra.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of dark smelly urine
- Dark yellow urine causes
- What causes diarrehealightheadednessnausea with dark urine and apetite loss
- What could cause brownish colour during urination
- What is the cause for dark urine and tiredness
- Dark brown urine causes
- What causes abdominal cramps with dark urine and vomiting
- What causes black dark spots in urine
- What can cause dark rusty color urine
- What causes the urine to tun dark