What Causes Dark Brown Stool Along With Abdominal Pain?
Yes most likely its gastroenteritis,usually gastroenteritis is by viral infection(Nova virus) and is self limiting,Takes five to sevendays,But as you mentioned its already more then a weak so most likely you are having either bacterial or protozoal infection or a mixed infection.
I would suggest you to go for few tests
Ultra sound abdomen
Stool test under microscope
Complete blood count
Total and differential leucocyte count.
If stool test is positive for bacterial or protozoal infection.Start taking Zithromax(Azithromycin 500 mg once daily) and secnidazole 1 gram daily for 5 days.
Along with it take Fybrogel husk,It will increase the bulk of your stools.
Tab imodium 4mg stat folowed by 2 mg twice daily can be added to contriol frequency of motions
Eat light and easily digestible food.
Drink plenty of water and electrolytes to maintain rehydration.
Monitor puls and blood pressure twice daily
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Left side twinges back and abdominal
- Teresa has been complaining of severe abdominal
- Fever nausea headache congestion abdominal
- Pregnancy and air bubble in upper abdominal
- Hard squelchy abdominal
- Pain right buttock abdominal
- Heavy movement in upper right abdominal
- Lump on outer skin of lower abdominal
- Frequent urgent urination dull ache left abdominal
- Unexplained bruise kidney stone abdominal