What causes dark brown coloured stool with pus cells and mucous?
take a course of antibiotic like ofloxacin and ornidazole
Hello. Thanks for putting your query in hcm.
Presence of dark brown colored , pus cells and micro organism in stool suggest that there is an infection either bacterial or protozoal. So I will suggest you to take a course of antibiotic that contains ofloxacin and ornidazole. It is to be taken for at least 5 days. Take healthy diet. Please request your treating/local doctor for a prescription
I hope I have answered your query and tgis will help you. Wish you a good health
takie drotavarine for abdominal pain
Yes abdominal pain do occurr in gastrointestineal infection. It will resolve spontaneously with antibiotic. However for quick relief take an antispasmodic agent like drotavarine 80mg on sos basis that is whenever required.
I hope I have answered your query. Wish you a good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ultrasound showing Liver Cirrhosis. Endoscopy showed duodenal ulcers....
- Able to lead life with prolapsed rectum. Could I postpone the surgery?
- Had gastroendoscopy. Report states polyp in proximal third of esophagus...
- Blood work shows elevated ALT levels. What does it indicate?
- What could be the reason for bloating after eating?
- What does echogenic debris in a liver cyst mean?
- Facing weight loss, loss of appetite, stomach pain and constipation....
- Taking probiotics for nausea and constipation. Having dark loose stools....
- Prescribed with rabeprazole for stomach hernia and gastritis. What are...
- Child swallowed tooth. What could be done?