question-icon

What causes dark brown cloudy urine?

Posted on Thu, 31 Jul 2014
Question: I had very dark brown cloudy urine all of a sudden last Friday morning and it stayed very dark until Monday and now it is light brown cloudy I have no pain What do you think? Thanks
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (59 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
hi and welcome to hcm

Detailed Answer:
It is hard to say at this point. Urine can change color due to some factors such as dehydration, certain drinks or food but also it could indicate some disorders such as urinary infection,liver damage,kidney issues or urinary fistulas. I suggest to drink plenty of fluids and raspberry tea,if symptoms persist then you should do basic urine and blood tests to rule out some most common diagnoses. Wish you good health. Regards
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon