What causes cramps in legs and feet?
Complications of diabetes.
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for being on HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Diabetes can result in both nerves damage and vascular damage as complications.
So, besides muscles cramps in your extremities that may be related to peripheral neuropathy, obstruction or narrowing of blood vessels that may cause pain, swelling, tenderness locally, should be considered and evaluated further.
It is necessary for nerve conduction study and EMG to evaluate the degree of nerves damage.
It is also necessary for Doppler ultrasound of your legs to evaluate blood flow and any impairment of it.
You should discuss with your treating Doctor about being examined further regarding to these conditions.
Treatment with drugs such Pregabalin to ease neuropathy symptoms and aspirin to improve blood flow must be needed if these conditions will be confirmed after above mentioned examinations.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
I remain at your disposal for further questions and clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes fluid in legs and feet
- Feet cramps causes
- Cause of cramps in legs toes feet and fingers
- What causes cramping in calves and feet cramp at night
- What causes fasciculations on legs and feet
- Cramping distorted feet and toes causes
- What causes a vibrating feeling in legs and feet
- What causes leg muscle cramps
- What causes numbness in legs and sole of feet
- What could cause swollen and burnt feet and legs