What causes cough with clear mucus and pain in shoulder blade?
Could be sinus infection.
Cough with clear mucus could be related to multiple reasons.Since you have history of sinus infection, asthma, they may be cause of your symptoms. I do not order chest X-ray when chest is clear on auscultation, perhaps the reason why a chest X-ray was not performed. In such cases, shoulder blade pain is most likely secondary to persistent cough. You can discuss with your treating doctor.
To summarize, these symptoms could be due to sinusitis and secretions might be trekking down into the lungs. Accordingly, you seem to be taking good medications. Please continue same medication. Additionally I would suggest you take steam inhalation 3-4 times a day.
Pain killers can be helpful if shoulder blade pain is severe. However I use pain killers with caution when there is history of asthma. You can safely take a pain medication - one that has not causes problems in the past.
Besides that, I also suggest you visit an ENT specialist for clinical examination. You can ask if a nasal decongestants could be added.
Hope I have answered your question.
If you have any queries I will be happy to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Getting pain in head when coughing what is causing this
- What can be done for pain caused during coughing
- What is the cause for throat pain and severe cough
- What causes abdominal pain while walking and coughing
- What causes back pain below the breast with cough
- What causes pain in head by coughing
- What is the cause of chest pain and cough
- Weight loss coughing clear mucus neck chest pain possible cause
- What causes severe cough with mucus
- What causes pain in the left rib while coughing