What causes cough with blood-tinged sputum when diagnosed with strep throat?
Yes, this is just from the irritation in his throat!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this blood tinged sputum. It is normal and not unexpected as a results of the fragile throat from inflammation. There is no need to get worried and more so if he is getting better with the symptoms.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause and treatment of strep throat
- Chronic strep throat causes
- Hpv causes strep throat
- What causes strep throat
- Hookah causes strep throat
- Strep throat infection? causes
- What causes nausea when on medication for strep throat
- Strep throat causes
- Strep throat coughing up blood
- Rash strep throat causes