What causes cough when exposed to cold temperatures or while laughing out loud?

Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist

Posted on Tue, 29 May 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: What causes me to cough when I am in cold weather or get over heated or when I laugh to hard. This has been ongoing for around 3 months. I've also tried an inhaler for a month and one round of steroids.
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
steroids inhalers for three months

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in HCM

I can understand your concern

As you explain the history this might be a condition that your airways are more sensible due to fresh air or due to over distention of the airways (like in strong laughing ).

Do not worry. For such condition we recommend to do the Spirometry test and if it is positive than inhalers with steroids are reccommended (like Clenil twice) or nebulizer with steroids for 2-3 months.

You can discuss with your treating doctor for the above and probably he will consider the above treatment.

You can try Flixotide inhaler twice for three months.

Try it and you will feel better soon.

Regards and feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad