• question-icon

What causes cough, red burning eyes, sleeplessness and flushed cheeks in a child?

Posted on Thu, 26 May 2016 in Child Health
Question: My ten year old daughter has been exposed to ammonia , from cat urine and spray, for over a year. The last 6 months it has increased w heat from the fireplace. Symptoms cough, red burning eyes, throat burns, sleeplessness, flushed cheeks and red puffy lips. She cant smell the ordure which concerns me. She has had a drop in grades, and cant remember much of anything. Nobody is taking me seriously. Can she be sick due to the cat prob that is increasingly getting worse not better. How can I show that this is the case?
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly elaborate on the matter

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.

From what I understand, she has had repeated exposures to the odor of cat urine. I do not however understand the correlation with fireplace and what you mean by spray. I seek your clarification.

The mentioned symptoms seem to be allergic symptoms and avoidance of the triggers should provide relief. However I insist for a total blood count to be done. Let know the reports and I shall guide you further.

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician