What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
It may be bacterial infection
Thanks for the query
I can understand your concern.
The most common cause of cough cold with fever in this age is some viral infection.
As the fever is of high grade and not responding to medication bacterial infection must be ruled out.
I suggest you to give her tylenol at interval of 4 hours.If fever is not responding you can give mefenemic acid.
Also adding decongestant with antiallergic would help.I would like to give some bronchodilator like salbutamol to provide relief to the spasm of airways.
I suggest you to consult a pediatrician for clinical evaluation to rule out any involvement of lower respiratory tract and to assess the need of antibiotic if any.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more query.
Wishing for your child's speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes sneezing and nasal congestion every morning
- What is the cause and treatment for nasal congestion
- Rebound nasal congestion causes
- Acute nasal congestion causes
- Nasal congestion causing tears
- Reflex nasal congestion causes
- Child has fever cough nasal congestion headache
- What causes sever nasal congestion
- Chronic nasal congestion causes
- Mild fever nasal congestion
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting